Thursday, September 24, 2009

Twitter in your Teaching

Is it just me or are you seeing the word ‘Twitter’ almost everywhere these days? I live in a semi-rural community and last weekend I was leafing through my local free community newspaper and I stumbled across a quarter-page announcement saying that I can now receive updates via their Twitter-feed. Wow! When the local community-based newspaper has a twitter feed that really emphasizes the fact that Twitter is everywhere!!!

So if it’s everywhere you have to ask yourself, how can you use Twitter for Teaching? Well, luckily other people are asking themselves that question too. I received an email from Amber Johnson who recently wrote an article on the subject called “50 Terrific Twitter Tutorials for Teachers”. She put me in the loop about the article because one of the blog posts on e-Learning Acupuncture (this blog post about Twitterfall) was selected to be included in the list of 50 terrific items.

If you are looking for ideas and information on how to use Twitter in your teaching then this article is certainly a good starting point. If you have your own idea about how to use Twitter in your teaching then be sure to let us know about it by leaving a comment below.

3 comments:

Asheville Acupuncture said...

I would be interested in elearning tools for furthering Acupuncture education. I practice in Asheville, NC.

Nathan said...

elearning tools sounds good. you can also checkout Florida Education Institute it provides career training in a variety of professions.

twitter follower said...

I want to give thanks to you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I’ve you bookmarked your website to check out the new stuff you post.